Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Supports Microsoft? Microsoft Supports Ubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Supports Microsoft? Microsoft Supports Ubuntu?

A PC is OS agnostic.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

A PC, is a Windows PC actually like I described...it is developed in conjunction, or close relations, with Microsoft Windows.

This is common knowledge. I don't know why you deny everything, but from the outside looking in it seems like that's all you ever do!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The PC, as many regard it, came into popularity at a time when Windows was more appealing to non-technical users and the hardware industry was smart enough to cater to those users. Thus, many naively conflate PC and Windows.

The machine does not depend on Windows. None of my various desktops, servers and webservers have Windows installed on bare metal. Only one has anything at all to do with Windows -- and that one has Windows installed in a virtual machine. In point of fact, the number of devices on which Linux OSes are installed is an order of magnitude greater than Microsoft products. The world runs on Linux OSes or Linux kernels modified for a particular purpose.

The desktop is a small sliver of all that is "computer". That most personal computers have Windows installed is a function of a chance circumstance in the timing of the PCs appearance in the marketplace.

Yours is a common misconception.
    Last edited by QIII; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:46 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12