Thread: Clear browser cache with a command - czkawka

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Clear browser cache with a command - czkawka

Hello,
    I was searching for the info how can I clear browser cache / cookies with a single command. A double click would be even better but if i have a command then I can make an exe out of it possibly.
    So I have found this tool for the life of me can’t figure out what the command would be:
    https://github.com/qarmin/czkawka
    Anyone any suggestions?
    Thx
    The truth will set you free!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Clear browser cache with a command - czkawka

I don't know anything about that, but I use browsers inside a firejail --private environment.

Doing that makes them appear to be 100% brand new, never run before, so there aren't any cookies saved, ever. When the program is closed, there's no left-over crumbs from the program of any kind remaining.

Firejail --private doesn't allow a program to touch any local storage at all unless you want to pull/push a saved file in/out of the firejail container manually. I also limit the amount of RAM that firefox can have using some firejail constraints and I force my own specific DNS server, regardless of what a browser may desire in their claimed "security". More and more, browsers are ignoring our system settings for DNS and calling it "security". Mozilla and Google do this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Also, I don’t know why I didn’t take a look at it earlier, maybe because I didn’t want to install anything beforehand and wanted to use a portable tool, and maybe even command line only tool,
    But here it goes this seems to me like maybe a simpler option:
    https://docs.bleachbit.org/doc/comma...interface.html

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Bleachbit was great 10 yrs ago. Since Gnome3 and Gnome4, I've heard of some issues with it. I can only say, "be careful" using it.

I've never used it. Since it is a 3rd party tool, and not part of any browser company, I'd expect browsers to feel free to change how they do and store stuff whenever they like.

Be careful.